An award I hear you say!! Exciting or what! 👑 I’ve not even been blogging that long, and I’ve connected with so many bloggers, and love reading their adventures, reviews and everything in between! So I had to google (of course!!) what this award was, especially as I’m a newbie, and if your not sure read about it HERE.
So thanks to Dreamin In Glitter who nominated me, here are my 11 questions:
1-5 years from now where do you see yourself?
This is a hard one to answer. With my health problems, I want to stay the same as I am or get better of course, I don’t want to get worse in years to come. In other aspects, still with my husband, in a new house, loving life, each other. Be further on in my career and to be happy.
2-If you could be a super hero what would be your name? And what would be your super power?
Soo hard this one! Probably my power would be to cure illness in people, let them lead a normal life, the life they once used to lead. I’d be called Warrior Princess!!
3- If you could only have one makeup item for the rest of your life what would it be?
So when your living with a chronic illness, makeup really isn’t important. I miss the days I used to have my face full of products and it took ages to perfect, but now getting my hair dried and straightened is my only task I NEED to still do. But if I had to choose one it would be a tinted moisturiser, looks like make up, but doesn’t take as much effort!
4- Favorite place to visit?
I love the beach, or to be near water, and I have no idea why! I think it’s a very calming place to be, your thoughts and worries can all wash out to sea with the waves never to come back. Plus you can make sand castle and it’s an excuse for an ice cream!!
5-If you could interview one person who would it be and why?
It would have to be Audrey Hepburn, hands down, the most beautiful, iconic inspiration there has to be.
6-How many times have you been in love?
Now growing up your always in love, so probably quite a few times, but looking back they did not count, you don’t know what love is till your older! So once, still with my husband, always.
7- Do you have any pets? What are their names?
Yes! I have 2 cats. Both are Bengals and the best little things on 4 legs ever! So Fergie (named after Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas!!) is 6 years old, gorgeous and mummy’s little baby. Jessie (named after Jessie J!!) is just over 1 years old, is a little monkey, but keeps me entertained, every day is a new day with Jessie!!
8-Drugstore brand or Name brand?
Boots and the Soap n Glory range. I’m a total sucker for the Hand Food hand cream, think I have 3 tubes dotted about the house!
9- Favorite summer shoe?
Flip flops used to be my shoe of choice especially at work when you walk about all day. But now everything has changed due to my back, unfortunately it’s not about style and look anymore, it’s comfort, so most of the time, I’ll be in. Y trainers. Flips flops aren’t a good look when your foot is swollen beyond recognition,
10- What makes you smile?
My husband for sure, he’s always there for me and still nearly 14 years on we have these random conversations, those are the best! My friends who I don’t see often, but when we do meet, we pick up where we last left it, like nothing has changed, but we know everything that has happened in each others lives, those are the best friend a person could have. And of course my fur babies, they are my world, every day is a new adventure.
11- What do you love about blogging?
So I’ve only just started blogging, it’s still in a lot of ways all new to me (I literally just learned how to put links in!!). But for me sharing my story about my life with Chronic Pain, is a sort of therapy. Writing about my past and what will be my future journey has been great, I’ve been able to let go of a few things, feelings I had built up. Plus if it shares my story with just one person that is going through the same thing, then I’m happy.
Here are 11 random facts about myself:
- I’m a typical scottish girl, redhead, freckles and a little bit fiery!
- I can play the tin whistle
- I’m fluent in Doric, even won a competition in primary school
- I wrote a poem, which got selected and published in a book while at primary school
- I always give others advice, but not so good at listening to myself/own advice
- I’ve had a personalised number plate from the age of 15 (15th birthday present)
- I’ve been in a relationship (with my now husband) for 14 years this year, I was 16 when we met.
- I’ve worked since I was 12 years old, mainly in kitchens to start with, and been in Admin for14 years. I now work in IP (intellectual property), patents and trademarks and really enjoy it.
- I love animals, I’d love to have a whole farm/rescue centre and just look after animals.
- I have a keen interest in interior design, the finer, beautiful things, and the way your home should look and feel.
- I have raised approx. £3000 for charity, mainly Macmillan, but also Cats Protection. I’m always supportive of charities. I even roped in ladies at work to give me their old bras which I sent off to charity!
So now it’s my turn to nominate, apologies that it’s not 11 blogs, but I’m just new to this, and haven’t quite found my feet!
Here’s your questions! I look forward to reading them!
- What cartoon character would you be and why?
- One item of clothing you couldn’t live without?
- What made you start blogging?
- What’s the best question you’ve ever been asked and why and what was your response?
- If you could be part of a band/music group, who would you choose and why?
- What’s your favourite recepie, and where did you get it from?
- If you could move to live in another place or country, where would it be and why?
- What one thing would you change about the world permanently and why?
- Favourite animal
- Favourite perfume/fragrance
- If you could give one tip or One bit of advice to a person, what would it be?