I am the fussiest of fussiest eaters, you will not see me eating foods I know nothing about. For example, Duck, I’ve never tried it. Venison, never tried it, I could go on and on here! I’m a fan of what I know, plain and basic is the way I roll.
But I am trying to increase my food bible, and try new things, this will probably not include Duck and Venison and time soon!
So a late night scroll through Pinterest, I found a pin for a Healthy One Dish Chicken Bake , which looked amazing, so thought I’d give it a go and see what happened. I have tweaked this recipie a little, So here are some pictures of the results!
Looks good right?
Check out the recipie below – honestly, it’s so very easy, quick to prepare and actually very healthy!
And that’s it’s! It really is that simple! A lovely healthy meal for any day of the week!
Do let me know if you give this a try, and what you think too!
Ingredients (my recipie makes enough for 2 people)
- Veg – choose what you want. I used 1 Carrot, 1 Red Onion, 1 Sweet Potato and 1 Butternut Squash.
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Shaking of mixed herbs
- Squeeze of Honey
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- In a bowl, or your oven proof dish, place all your cut up veg (I did mine in chunks, but do whatever you prefer), and add 2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil, and give it a little mix around (don’t be afraid to use your hands!!).
- Take your chicken breasts and make a slight indentation in the veg and place the chicken in.
- Sprinkle on mixed herbs, carefully not adding too much.
- Then give a generous squeeze of honey all over the tray. (I used Gales Honey which is in a squeeze bottle)
- Place your tray bake in the oven, and cook for 30-35 mins, or until your chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!