I worry. I am anxious. I stress.
I care about those around me, I worry about those around me and I try to be the best person, friend and confidant I can be. That’s who I am and that’s never going to change. Why? Because I care too much.
But where does caring about everyone else get me? What about me? Why don’t I care about me, my health, my body, my mind, even my feelings?
I seem to have somewhere along this journey, forced myself to take a back seat from actually worrying and caring about myself. Is it a bad thing? Yes and no. I am never going to stop being the person I am. I won’t ever stop caring, because it’s not in my nature. But I am going to have to learn to start caring for myself. Start worrying about myself and put myself firmly back in the drivers seat.
- I’m going to take time out regularly, do what I want to do.
- I won’t be bullied in to doing things any more.
- I’m not going to explain myself or feel guilty for any decisions I make that are in my best interests.
- I am going to start listening to my body. I have to.
- I’m going to cut out all negativity, and focus on only the positive things in life.
- I’m going to read more.
- I’m going to learn more.
- I’m going to spend time doing the things I love to do.
- I’m going to spend time with my husband, my dogs, my cats, and be happy.
- I’m going to break away when I need it.
- I’m going to be happy.
- I am going to make time for ME.
I’m only going to get one chance at this life, there is no rewind, pause or delete button, so I have to do my upmost to make my life the best it can be.
I have to start looking after myself, and actually giving a damn about myself. I have to care about myself and the rest of my life. I cant sit on the side lines any more and just hope for the best, I have to take control.
I have to care.
I have to care about me.