August seems to be my busiest month of the year, birthdays, anniversaries, and everything in between! We headed off to a Game Fair, at Moy (away in the Highlands of … Continue reading August – In Pictures
I’ve thought for a long time about this post and if I should be honest with the world. Im not afraid of being honest, but there are times when honesty … Continue reading Ashamed?
It seems like all around me, everyone is getting pregnant and having babies these days. I guess it’s all to do with growing up, its part of life, part of … Continue reading Tick Tock
Thanks to the lovely Lauren from the Broken Down Body blog, I was nominated for the Blogger Recogition Award. I grew up with Lauren in a tiny village in Aberdeenshire, and after years, our Chronic Illness’s have brought us back together, who’d have thunk it!!
THE RULES OF THIS AWARD ARE:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Write a post and display the award.
3. Share in your post a brief history of how your blog started.
4. Give advice to new bloggers.
5. Nominate other bloggers you feel deserve the award.
6. Let each blogger know that you have nominated them.
So, how did I start my blog? Well, suffering with Chronic back pain and a host of spinal problems for 5 years took its toll. Having it drummed in to me by everyone and their dog that it was “just in my head” and “it can’t be that bad”, I wanted to give an insight to my daily life, perhaps prove the doubters wrong in a way. But also that if this was the way I was being treated and how I felt, how would others going through the same thing be feeling, surely there had to be some comfort in knowing nobody was alone – and so, my blog was born!
Advice for new bloggers? Well I’m certainly no expert, I infact have days where I wonder why I bother, days where brain fog takes over and days where I have nothing to say. But I’m still here, struggling on! But here are some things I’ve learned.
- Keep it simple. Don’t over complicate things, the more you write, the more people switch off – they don’t want or need a life story, your just gonna bore them!
- Be honest, your writing a blog for a reason, to share your story, experience etc, so don’t make things seems easier than they are, if you’ve had a crap appointment or treatment, say it, be honest, don’t cover up!
- Pictures – always add pictures. I cannot stand reading blogs that are just text, I quickly get bored, so add some pictures, it keeps your readers engaged and wanting to read more.
- Remember that blogging means you share everything world wide, so if you want to talk about sex or toilet troubles, remember your audience. I’m not saying NOT to talk about intimate things, just remember your granny may not want to know this much detail!
- Join groups on Facebook and even Twitter, gain your blog as much exposure as you can. The more people you reach the better, someone might be waiting for you to come along!
“I can and I will – watch me” – anonymous For the past 10 months, I’ve lived from appointment to appointment. Physio to doctors to surgeons. So after another disastrous … Continue reading Time to Live?